Extracted from flax seeds, this excellent binder produces pastes that harden thoroughly and form very resistant films. Clear, of low acidity, despite its tendency to turn yellow when exposed to darkness, refined oils offers the best of linseed oil.
- Linseed oil is made from the seeds of the flax plant.
- It adds gloss and transparency to paints and is available in several forms.
- It dries very thoroughly, making it ideal for underpainting and initial layers in a painting.
- Refined linseed oil is a popular, all-purpose, pale to light yellow oil which dries withing three to five days.
- Thinner : mineral spirit or turpentine.
- Flammable: Ground only