This article will deal with answering why crafts are important in the classroom. Let’s start by knowing the impacts of the digital world on a student’s life. Technology has taken away the childhood of this generation, as 57% of female and 75% of male students are involved in online games, social media, and the virtual world. School is known to be a second home so, getting practical knowledge that includes fun and learning plays a crucial role in nurturing a student. Growth is not only about having theoretical knowledge but also to be practical is important. A person’s childhood is considered to be a “golden period” of life, which should be full of love, colors, laughter, fun, and crafts. But currently, they are wasting it by spending most of their time on screen, so it is crucial not to overlook the value of art and craft in classroom activities.
Adding crafts to the educational system brings out various benefits-
- Improving IQ level
- Enables visual and sensory learning
- Improves creativity
- Broadens the imagination power
- Serve as a tool to express their emotions
- Sense of creativity
- Cultivate patience and focus.
- Expressing their feelings: Art and craft help children to express their emotions and inner thoughts. It is a brilliant way to know about mental health and positively mold them.
- Boosts Confidence: Children will gain confidence through their artwork as it will serve as a means to communicate, and give feedback at any event. There are chances a child gets nervous in giving a speech or speaking in front of people, but communicating through art assessments may bring self-esteem and confidence.
- Patience: Practice makes a man perfect but it requires patience, and patience attracts perfection. While painting or creating art, a lot of time is required that tests dedication towards work in a child. Rushing over things to get them completed quickly may end in negative results, while creating art patiently will give you a beautiful representation of your thoughts.
How does art benefit students?
Art and craft offer numerous benefits to students not only in their academy but also in their personal life emotionally, socially, as well as in their personality development.
- Development of motor skills: Practicing daily will help them to learn about artistic techniques quickly and more efficiently. Hand moments suggest cutting, coloring, painting, and working on small objects that will develop fine motor skills which are beneficial for their other tasks like tying a shoelace, writing, typing, etc.
- Planning and foresight: The ability to plan before implementing any idea plays a crucial role in the life of a student. If a student has an artistic vision then it will be easier for him to execute his curriculum chronologically. ‘Planning’ is an important life skill that would help him in the future too.
- Organization and presentation: Art and craft students about layout, perspective, balance, and all techniques that are necessary for presentation. It built discipline and inbuilt a fantastic quality of being organized.
What skills do you gain from art?
Effective learning skills lay the foundation for academic achievement, lifelong learning, and keeping up with advancement in their respective fields. Acquiring new skills turns out to be fruitful in the personal and professional growth of a person so it is an excellent idea to start acquiring such skills in their classroom only. Students with strong learning skills are better at setting goals, organizing their tasks, meeting deadlines and balancing their academic responsibilities with other aspects.
There are skills that a student gains from art other than the skills already mentioned in the article. Listing below skills like-
- Observation skills
- Time management
- Resilience and adaptability.
When a person learns a new skill, it effectively fosters a sense of intellectual curiosity and personal fulfillment. This also encourages continuous self-improvement and engaging in a meaningful learning experience that promotes overall mental and emotional well-being.
Why is creative art important?
Creative art is fine before children make choices at every step like-
- What color to use?
- How to make a line?
- What size to make?
- Which color to use?
- What combination will look good?
Every choice defines a child’s imagination and decision-making power. This will help a student to understand his surroundings and see life from a different perspective. Understanding and respecting others’ cultures, languages and education will contribute a lot to a student’s growth.
Art and craft have the power to change someone’s point of view and shape society. Art can be used to connect with more people all around the world more profoundly and know about the history of religion and get to see beautiful artworks of religious spaces.
Creative art can foster social connections and community engagement as it brings people together in collaborative projects, shared exhibitions, or art-related events, and workshops. Various schools organize such functions to encourage dialogue among individuals from diverse backgrounds. So, students get fruitful results when they participate and experiment with different approaches and adapt to unexpected outcomes.
Here are some products you can explore to foster creativity in your child.
In today’s fast-paced and technology-driven world, where a majority of students waste their time on screen, it is becoming increasingly important to share something like art and craft to make students learn about the practical world and surroundings. When a student is engaged in creating art and enriching life, it enhances his understanding of the world which contributes to personal as well as societal growth. Somehow, art and craft help a child to develop the capacity to navigate the complexity of life and thrive in an ever-changing world. You can pick the best decorative items for your kids to help them shine and learn.
Beyond artistic expression, crafts play a vital role in the classroom as it helps a child to take a break from boring theoretical classes and rejoice. Learning skills and qualities are transferable to other areas of life in the future that would contribute to success in various domains. Unlocking a child’s unique potential and engaging them in diverse learning styles and hands-on experiences will nurture both the mind and heart at this young age.