This versatile varnish is used to bring back the original paint quality of dry or dull oil.
- Retouching Varnish is reduced with solvents and is much thinner than final top coat varnish.
- It can be used however,as a preliminary varnish as soon as the oil paint is touch dry,
- Since oil paint can continue to dry out through the film.
- This may be useful for varnishing before an exhibition.
- Retouching Varnish can be removed with Turpentine or White Spirit prior to final varnishing,or it can be left underneath.